1) Assuming that it has similar molecular orbital energies to those of carbon monoxide, deduce the bond order of the NO+ ion.
2) construct electron-dot diagrams for
a) oxygen difluoride
b) phosphorus trichloride
c) xenon difluoride
d) tetrachloroiodate ion, ICl4^-
3) Construct an electron-dot diagram for the nitrite ion. Draw the structural formulas of the two resonance possibilities for the ion and estimate the partial bond represetion of the ion.
4) The thiocyanate ion, NCS^-, is linear, with a central carbon atom. Construct all feasible electron-dot diagrams for this ion; then use the concept of formal charge to identify the most probable contributing structures. Display the result using a partial bond representation.
5) The CO2^- ion has been synthesized. What shape and approximate bond angles would you expect.© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com March 4, 2021, 6:02 pm ad1c9bdddf
On the last page is a molecular orbital diagram for CO that might ...
The solution provides annotated diagrams that address the questions posed about covalent bond structure and bond angles.