Hi, I need some assistance with the following chemistry questions. I am really struggling with these different concepts.
2. How many liters of bromine are present in 85 mL of bromine?
3. Approximately how many ounces are in 9.1 kg? (1 lb = 16 ounces)
4. How many seconds are there in a year (use 365.25 days/yr)? Express your answer in scientific notation to 5 significant figures ("WebAssign style", for example 2.5826 x 108 would be typed in WebAssign as 2.5826e+08).
5. In the opening scene of the movie Raiders of the Lost Ark, Indiana Jones tries to remove a gold idol from a booby-trapped pedestal. In an effort to remove the idol without tripping the trap, he replaces the idol with a bag of sand of approximately equal volume. The density of gold is 19.32 g/mL and the density of sand is about 3 g/mL.
Does he have a reasonable chance of not activating the mass sensitive booby trap? Explain your answer.
6, In a later scene, Indy and an unscrupulous guide play catch with the idol. Assume that the volume of the idol is about 1.5 L. If it were made of solid gold, how many pounds (lb) would it weigh?
7. Is playing catch with the idol plausible?
8. The gravitational pull of the Earth is about six times that of the moon. If the idol were made of pure silver (density = 2.31 x 10-2 lb/cm3), how many pounds would it weigh on the moon?
9. Calculate the value of E=-2.18 x e-18 (1/2 to the 2 - 1/4 to the 2). Express your answer rounded to 3 decimal places using scientific notation (where 1.234 x 10-56 is entered as 1.234e-56).© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com September 19, 2018, 10:07 pm ad1c9bdddf - https://brainmass.com/chemistry/acids-and-bases/general-chemistry-various-elements-metals-521296
Thanks for letting me work on your post. Here is my explanation:
2. 85ml=0.085 liter (1 liter=1000 ml or 1ml=0.001 liter)
3. 9.1kg=9.1*35.274 ounces=320.99 ...
The various elements and metals are examined.