I am completing this class now, reviewing the entire scope of classwork leading to the finals, and there are some review questions I am just real shaky on-and some I simply cannot find an applicable formula for.
1. The measured voltage of a cell in which the following reaction occurs is 0.96 V:
H2(g, 1.0 atm) + 2Ag+(aq, 1.0 M) → 2H+(aq, pH = ?) + 2Ag(s)
Calculate the pH of the H+(aq) solution.
2. How many coulombs would be required to electroplate 35.0 grams of chromium by passing an electrical current through a solution containing CrCl3?
3. How many coulombs (C) of electrical charge must pass through an electrolytic cell to reduce 0.44 mol Ca2+ ion to calcium metal?
4. When the following redox reaction is balanced, the coefficient for Cl2 will be _____, and ____ is the reducing agent.
KMnO4(aq) + KCl(aq) + H2SO4(aq) ----> MnSO4(aq) + K2SO4(aq) + H2O(aq) + Cl2(g).
5. What is the coefficient of the bromide ion when the following redox equation is balanced?
BrO- (aq) Fe(OH2) (s) Br-(aq)Fe(OH)3(s) (basic solution)
6. Which one of the following reagents is capable of transforming Cu2+ to Cu(s)?
A I- (aq) Ag(s) B. Ni(s) C Al3+(aq) D. F- (aq)
7. Silver chloride (AgCl(s)) will be most soluble in a solution of:
A. 0.10 M AgNO3
B. distilled water
C. 0.10 M NaCl
D. 0.10 M HCl
E. 0.10 M aqueous NH3
8. Calculate the minimum concentration of Cr3+ that must be added to 0.095 MNaF solution in order to initiate a precipitate of chromium (III) fluoride. For CrF3 , Ksp = 6.6 × 10-11.
A. 0.023 M
B. 0.032 M
C. 7.7 × 10-8 M
D. 2.9 × 10-9 M
E. 6.9 × 10-10 M
9. The equilibrium constant for the reaction:
AgBr(s) Ag(aq) Br(aq) +−⇔+
is the solubility product constant, Ksp = 7.7 × 10-13 at 25°C. Calculate ΔG for the reaction when [Ag+] = 1.0 × 10-2 M and [Br-] = 1.0 × 10-3 M. Is the reaction spontaneous or nonspontaneous at these concentrations?
A. ΔG = 69.1 kJ, nonspontaneous
B. ΔG = -69.1 kJ, spontaneous
C. ΔG = 97.5 kJ, spontaneous
D. ΔG = 40.6 kJ, nonspontaneous
E. ΔG = -97.5 kJ, nonspontaneous
I have attached a file with explanations. Please leave me some feedback if you ...