I am completing this class now, reviewing the entire scope of classwork leading to the finals, and there are some review questions I am just real shaky on-and some I simply cannot find an applicable formula for.
1. The measured voltage of a cell in which the following reaction occurs is 0.96 V:
H2(g, 1.0 atm) + 2Ag+(aq, 1.0 M) → 2H+(aq, pH = ?) + 2Ag(s)
Calculate the pH of the H+(aq) solution.
2. How many coulombs would be required to electroplate 35.0 grams of chromium by passing an electrical current through a solution containing CrCl3?
3. How many coulombs (C) of electrical charge must pass through an electrolytic cell to reduce 0.44 mol Ca2+ ion to calcium metal?
4. When the following redox reaction is balanced, the coefficient for Cl2 will be _____, and ____ is the reducing agent.
KMnO4(aq) + KCl(aq) + H2SO4(aq) ----> MnSO4(aq) + K2SO4(aq) + H2O(aq) + Cl2(g).
5. What is the coefficient of the bromide ion when the following redox equation is balanced?
BrO- (aq) Fe(OH2) (s) Br-(aq)Fe(OH)3(s) (basic solution)
6. Which one of the following reagents is capable of transforming Cu2+ to Cu(s)?
A I- (aq) Ag(s) B. Ni(s) C Al3+(aq) D. F- (aq)
7. Silver chloride (AgCl(s)) will be most soluble in a solution of:
A. 0.10 M AgNO3
B. distilled water
C. 0.10 M NaCl
D. 0.10 M HCl
E. 0.10 M aqueous NH3
8. Calculate the minimum concentration of Cr3+ that must be added to 0.095 MNaF solution in order to initiate a precipitate of chromium (III) fluoride. For CrF3 , Ksp = 6.6 × 10-11.
A. 0.023 M
B. 0.032 M
C. 7.7 × 10-8 M
D. 2.9 × 10-9 M
E. 6.9 × 10-10 M
9. The equilibrium constant for the reaction:
AgBr(s) Ag(aq) Br(aq) +−⇔+
is the solubility product constant, Ksp = 7.7 × 10-13 at 25°C. Calculate ΔG for the reaction when [Ag+] = 1.0 × 10-2 M and [Br-] = 1.0 × 10-3 M. Is the reaction spontaneous or nonspontaneous at these concentrations?
A. ΔG = 69.1 kJ, nonspontaneous
B. ΔG = -69.1 kJ, spontaneous
C. ΔG = 97.5 kJ, spontaneous
D. ΔG = 40.6 kJ, nonspontaneous
E. ΔG = -97.5 kJ, nonspontaneous
I have attached a file with explanations. Please leave me some feedback if you ...
Various Basic Chemistry Problems - Mole, Mass and other Calculations
1) When a mole of C2H4 is combusted it reacts with 3 moles of O2 to produce CO2 and H2O. How many moles of CO2 and how many moles of H2O are produced?
2) What is the mass in grams of 4.25 moles of Mg (NO3)2?
3) The overall reaction producing iron from an ore in a blast furnace is:
Fe2O3 + 3CO --> 2Fe + 3CO2
How many grams of Fe are produced when 275g of Fe2O3 react?
4) Using the bond energy table on page 190 of the text, determine the value of DH for the following reaction:
2F-F + O=O --> 2F-O-F
5) Giving reasons for your answers characterize the following compounds as saturated, or unsaturated, or incapable of existence.
A. CH2 B. C10H22 C. C2H2 D. C2H8 E. C 3H6
6) Determine the empirical formula of the compound that is 87.42% N and 12.58% H by weight.
7) What monomer can be used in an addition polymerization to produce the Polymer Teflon that has a repeating structure as follows:
8) What is the molality of 225g of C6H12O6 in 505 g of H2O?
9) What is the freezing temperature of the solution in question 8?
10) How many joules of energy are needed to raise the temperature of 325.0g of water from 20.0oC to 95.0oC. The specific heat of water is 4.184J/g-oC.View Full Posting Details