Sodium bicarbonate was added to an unlimited amount of sulfuric acid undergoing a reaction to produce sodium sulfate plus carbonic acid (which turned in to water vapor and carbon dioxide upon heating).
Na2CO3 +H2SO4------> H2CO3 +Na2SO4
I would like to know:
a.) 2.095 grams of sodium bicarbonate was used in the reaction and the experimental yield for sodium sulfate was .995 grams. Determine the % error for the experiment.
b.) The experimental yield for sodium sulfate was 2.25 grams. You are to predict the amount of sodium bicarbonate used in the reaction. Upon verification from the instructor, the actual mass of the sodium bicarbonate used was 3.75 grams. Determine the % error.
Could you help me with this but show steps so I can follow along? And underline the actual mass of NaHCO3 (provided by instructor). I hope you just make up a number for me so I can see the figures.© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 25, 2018, 7:24 am ad1c9bdddf
Thanks for letting me work on your question. Here is my explanation:
a) From the chemical reaction, we know the molar ratio between Na2CO3 and Na2SO4 ...
The following posting answers questions regarding a reaction between sodium bicarbonate and sulfuric acid.
Various Basic Chemistry Problems - Mole, Mass and other Calculations
1) When a mole of C2H4 is combusted it reacts with 3 moles of O2 to produce CO2 and H2O. How many moles of CO2 and how many moles of H2O are produced?
2) What is the mass in grams of 4.25 moles of Mg (NO3)2?
3) The overall reaction producing iron from an ore in a blast furnace is:
Fe2O3 + 3CO --> 2Fe + 3CO2
How many grams of Fe are produced when 275g of Fe2O3 react?
4) Using the bond energy table on page 190 of the text, determine the value of DH for the following reaction:
2F-F + O=O --> 2F-O-F
5) Giving reasons for your answers characterize the following compounds as saturated, or unsaturated, or incapable of existence.
A. CH2 B. C10H22 C. C2H2 D. C2H8 E. C 3H6
6) Determine the empirical formula of the compound that is 87.42% N and 12.58% H by weight.
7) What monomer can be used in an addition polymerization to produce the Polymer Teflon that has a repeating structure as follows:
8) What is the molality of 225g of C6H12O6 in 505 g of H2O?
9) What is the freezing temperature of the solution in question 8?
10) How many joules of energy are needed to raise the temperature of 325.0g of water from 20.0oC to 95.0oC. The specific heat of water is 4.184J/g-oC.View Full Posting Details