You took 7 test tubes. In #1 you mixed 5ml of 0.1M HCl and 5ml of H2O together. In the other 6 test tubes, you added 9ml of H2O. You took test tube #1 (with 5ml HCl and 5ml of H2O) and added 1ml to test tube #2. Take test tube #2 and add 1ml to test tube #3. Take test tube #3 and add 1ml to test tube #4 and so on till test tube #7. Add 2 drops (in each test tube) of Bromothymol Blue to ALL 7 test tubes.
1. Calculate the concentrations of H3O+ and the pH of each acidic solution. Since HCl ia a monoprotic acid, the H3O+ concentrations are equivalent to HCl.
2. First do the equation: (M con)(V con) = (M dil) (V dil)
3. Substitute known values
4. M dil = ________ M
5. Once you find the concentration, find the pH using the formula:
6. Repeat the entire procedure using Methyl Yellow as the indicator.
7. Repeat the entire procedure using Bromcresol Green as the indicator.
8. Repeat the entire procedure using Red Cabbage Extract as the indicator.
****YOU HAVE TO FORUMULATE EVERYTHING THE WAY THAT IT IS OUTLINED ABOVE...
Thank you so much!© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com March 4, 2021, 8:32 pm ad1c9bdddf
Numerous test tube concentrations for indicators are calculated and discussed.