Review the company "Handspring, Inc." on the internet and conduct a Strategic Factor Analysis Summary (SFAS).© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 24, 2018, 6:47 pm ad1c9bdddf
Answer with explanations and references are included in brainmass.doc file attached below.
* Before starting the SFAS (EFAS and IFAS) first we should prepare a SWOT analysis for the Handspring Inc. Handspring specialized in handheld computing products. For the fiscal year 2002, total revenues of the company totaled $240.7 million. The company's flagship product was the Visor handheld computers. Handspring also produced accessories that can be used to transform the Visor handheld into a digital camera, MP3 player, wireless modem or a mobile phone. However the company is acquired by Palm in the autumn of 2003 and the new combined company changed its name to PalmOne. So I am going to create the SWOT analysis based on the data before this date.
• The company has strong reputation and good brand identity in its market. By the summer of 2000, the company had a 40% market share. There was a four month backlog in orders when Handspring first entered market.
• Being a company with focused products. The Visor line was continued to have a large market share in the PDA user market. The Treo line was to focus on the increasing functionality by combine PDAs with Cell phone technology to become a communicator.
• Strong Board of Directors. Jeff Harkins, Donna Dubinsky, and Ed Colligan were considered industry leaders. In fact they had been credited with ...
In an 884 solution, the reponse presents a SWOT analysis which is useful in the evaluation.
Handspring Inc: Strategic Alternatives and Recommended Strategy
Complete the following section of a Strategic Audit:
1. Strategic Alternatives and Recommended Strategy
A file on this case is attached.View Full Posting Details