Using the Internet research HP, write responses to each of the following:
1. What is your impression of the operation of HP?
2. Conduct a SWOT Analysis of HP to be submitted in an MS Word table.
3. Define competitive advantage and competitive strategy. Does HP have a competitive advantage and/or a competitive strategy? Justify your answer.
4. Choose one HP product (http://www.hp.com/hpinfo/newsroom/index.html?mtxs=corp&mtxb=3&mtxl=4). Describe the components of this product value chain.
5. What strategic alternatives are open to HP? Explain and justify your answer.
This assignment requires a SWOT analysis. If you wish, you can complete IFAS & EFAS instead of SWOT. You don't need to do both.
In summary, you will submit one file in MS Word.
Please avoid using sites such as wikipedia.org, dictionary.com, tutor2u.net, answer.com, quickmba.com, etc. Please provide references. No definitions - simply apply the concepts when completing the assignment.© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 10, 2019, 12:58 am ad1c9bdddf
Hewlett-Packard is also known as HP. It is one of the world's leading information technology companies and functions in almost each country. HP has specialization in delivering computing, data storage and networking hardware, planning software and handing over services (About HP, 2010). The company's following three business groups impel industry leadership in core technology areas:
- The Personal Systems Group: This group deal with the development and business of consumer PCs, mobile computing devices and workstations.
- The Imaging and Printing Group: This group deals with inkjet, LaserJet and commercial printing, printing supplies, digital photography and entertainment (About HP, 2010).
- The Technology Solutions Group: This group handles business products admitting storage and servers, managed services and software.
Primarily HP is a technology company that functions in more than 170 countries all around the world. It is having expertise in exploring how technology and services can assist people and companies in regard to resolving their troubles and challenges and in recognizing the likely prospects, aspiration and dreams (Business Analysis Centre of excellence, 2007).
Impression of the Operations of HP
With a substantial analysis of company position and value in industry it is clear that the company's operations are quite effective due to its continuous change management strategies in adopted technologies and techniques. Hewlett-Packard has brought in operations automation and integration drive, which brings together its subsequent three core product resolution sets:
- Business Service Management
- IT Service Management
- Business Service Automation BSA (HP's Business Technology Optimization Software for Operations, 2008).
In addition to this it has also developed an offering known as HP BTO for its Operations. This offering of the company brings an enormous and important "novel features" to much of its Business Technology Optimization (BTO) portfolio along with the adoption of enterprise management. All these different efforts of the company from time to time facilitate it in dealing with the growing industry competition and that in turn enables it in managing its position in the industry in comparison to its competitors (HP's Business Technology Optimization Software for Operations, 2008).
The company's these BTO initiatives are driven by its market contexts and industry requirements. HP's all initiatives with regard to upgrading its operations reflect a strong sense of modularity and flexibility in accompaniment of CMDB system deployments, sound analytics, automation and ...
This solution provides a report on HP research and a SWOT analysis.