1. Two projects have identical NPV values
One has a probability of technical success of 60% and a probability of commercial success of 80%.
The second project has a probability of technical success of 80% and a probability of commercial success of 60%
Which project is better or are they the same? Explain your answer.
2. You are trying to do a SWOT analysis of a competitor.
Give two examples of a company's strength that can be seen by outsiders.
Give two examples of a company's weakness that can be seen by outsiders.
b. In doing a SWOT analysis of a company, a self-confident management is usually strength. However, an arrogant management team is usually a weakness. Yet you may view my self-confidence as arrogance. How can you tell the difference?
See attachment on SWOT Analysis
3. How could a SWOT analysis help decide what functions of the company to outsource, either for all products or just one project?
4. If one of the weaknesses of the company is lack of the right expertise in a certain technical area, what options would the company have to correct this in a short time and over a longer ( ~1 year or more) time frame?© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 25, 2018, 8:56 am ad1c9bdddf
1. In a situation of this nature it would appear that both projects are the same or equal, largely due to the fact that the NPV value of each of these projects is identical, meaning that the ratio of incoming cash flow and outgoing cash flow value is at the same level. Another reason that the projects are the same in respect to value is the fact that one of the projects has a 20% advantage in the probability of technical success, and one of the projects has a 20% advantage in the probability of commercial success. Due to the fact that technical success and commercial success are very important indicators and prerequisites for the overall success of a given project, these differentials in technical and commercial success will serve to enhance the equality of these two projects as well.
2. Two examples of ...
Management: Teamwork, Leadership, Charisma, and SWOT
1. Based on the definition of a group versus the definition of a team, have you been a part of a group, a team, or both in your past or current work situations? What do you think are the best parts of working as part of a team? What do you think are the worst parts of working as part of a team? How can you as a manager encourage the best parts of teamwork while discouraging the worst parts?
2. Think of a leader from your work or education experience you think has charisma. Explain why you think he or she has charisma and how it is demonstrated. With respect to this leader, how did he or she impact your work ethic, job satisfaction, or performance? Was this leader a transformational leader or a transactional leader? Explain.
3. Think of an organization where you currently work or at which you previously worked. Would you describe it as having a low-performance or high-performance culture? Which leadership actions for shaping culture have been used by a leader where you work or have worked? Which of the four types of organizational culture exist where you currently work or have worked? Is it one or a combination of more than one?
4. Select a company with which you are familiar. Prepare a SWOT analysis that identifies one opportunity and one threat you think are facing the organization within the next five years. How would you address the threat? Do you think being a strategic thinker is an important attribute of a leader?
5. Run a quick search on the Internet to find an organization's pre-crisis plan. Share your findings. What are the key elements to the plan? Perform a search of an organization that faced a crisis. Describe the crisis and how the organization responded. What do you think they did right? What do you think they could have done better? Who do you think should be on a crisis management team within an organization? What role do you think a human resources executive might play as a member of the crisis management team? What about someone from the public relations department?View Full Posting Details