I need assistance with the following study questions:
1. A major dimension that forms the competitive position of the company includes the following:
2. Which of the following is the first step in developing priorities when crafting a manufacturing strategy?
a. Determine the order winners and qualifiers for each group
b. Segment the market according to the product group
c. Identify the product requirements, demand patterns, and profit margins of each group
d. Convert order winners into specific performance requirements
3. Special services that are provided to augment the sale of manufactured products can include which of the following:
a. Technical liaison and support
b. Meeting a launch date
c. Supplier after-sale support
d. Other factors like colors, size, weight, and product mix options
4. Your boss asks you to define the process structure life cycle stage of your business. You work in the fertilizer manufacturing industry, so you reply that your business is in the following stage:
a. Job shop
b. Batch shop
c. Assembly Line
d. Continuous Flow
5. What is the difference between Operations Management and Operations Strategy?
6. Can a factory be fast, dependable, flexible, produce high-quality products and still provide poor service from a customer's perspective?
7. Which of the following does not describe services:
a. They are tangible
b. Direct customer involvement is essential
c. Location of the facility is critical
d. Customers are part of the production process
In this solution, the expert answers questions about manufacturing, production and customer service.
Case Study: Organization as a machine metaphor
Instructions for a Case Study. Students are given the opportunity to develop a case study that is analytical in nature involving a diagnostic reading of an organization that relates to theory and practice.
This study will follow the guidelines below:
clear, concise statement of the problem/issue/situation
an analysis applying applicable metaphors to the case situation
recommendations for change/improvement
At least 3 peer reviewed literary sources are required to support your study (i.e. journals, books, articles-Wikipedia is NOT a valid source). Papers will follow formal/scholarly writing guidelines-APA Manual, 6th Edition. Use the Wilmington University link below for more information regarding formal/scholarly writing guidelines. Tables, figures, charts, graphs, surveys, interviews, etc. will be added as appendices to your paper if used, and NOT included in page count. Title page and reference pages are NOT included in page count.View Full Posting Details