It's a busy Monday morning and you have work to assign to others and to complete yourself. Of the tasks listed below, please outline which order you'd complete them and why.
- Check on the status of the update that is scheduled to go live tomorrow
- Write and distribute meeting notes from Friday's developers check-in meeting
- Route initial comps to the client for a launch due today
- Update your team's project schedule with new requirements and decisions
- Create an agenda for a project check-in meeting this afternoon
One of your team members is falling behind on his or her deadline and is now in jeopardy of causing the team to miss the client deadline. What do you do?
Give an example of a previous deadline you missed for a client and what you learned from that experience.
I would place the assignments as follows:
1. Update your team's project schedule with new requirements and decisions. (I would do this first because the project schedule may entail requirements for other projects that are due today and the rest of the week. This way I could assign tasks to other individuals to ensure that future projects get done on time).
2. Route initial comps to the client for a launch due today. (I would want to make sure that this project gets done on time, i.e. launched today. After assigning tasks to other team members, I would want to make sure the client has all pertinent information in case there are changes that need to be made before the ...
This solution provides assistance in deadlines.