Select ONE of the Project Management topics from the list below (or develop your own Project Management topic of debate). Research both sides of the given argument and in your paper present the issues, the case for both sides and based on the application at a Research, Development and Engineering Facility/Company that specializes in developing weapon systems such as guns, bullets and the like, what your recommendation would be with justification.
1. Paper limited to three pages
2. No less than three sources (no more than two internet sources)
3. Use proper "citing"
4. Prepare a five minute presentation (using Microsoft PowerPoint) of the issue, the sides of the argument and your recommendation
Project Management Topics:
1. Implementing standard business process versus just "getting the job done."
2. Risk management implementation - formal vs. informal.
3. Systems Engineering (SE) implementation - Do you need an SE approach within your project.
4. Scope Creep - To what extreme should you go to keep your customers/sponsors happy.
5. Program Management Maturity of the organization - is it worth the pursuit.
6. Should Earned Value Management (EVM) be implemented - do the rigors justify the benefit.
7. Or develop your own topic of debate in the Project Management area.
elect ONE of the Project Management topics from the list below (or develop your own Project Management topic of debate). Research both sides of the given argument and in your paper present the issues, the case for both sides and based on the application at a Research, Development and Engineering Facility/Company that specializes in ...
This discusses the concept of Earned Value Management (EVM)
Combination of Project Management and Earned Value Management
Research resource estimation techniques necessary to generate a high level budget for a re-carpeting project. Formulate the resource estimates and budget for the re-carpeting project, preferably in a spreadsheet. Include in the spreadsheet:
-Integrating scope with costs and schedules
-Methods used to plan Earned Value and control account plans