Critically review an article having to do with any issue in the business world as it relates to project management. You can pick any article you wish, as long as it meets the criteria listed below.
Here are some suggested topics:
- Project life cycle
- The cost-schedule-quality equilibrium
- Project stakeholders
- A project charter
The object of your critique is to describe and analyze the issues in the article. The following outline should be followed.
- The article should be summarized in three to four paragraphs. Start the paper by clearly identifying the article title and author. You will need to answer, but are not limit to, the following questions:
- What issue/topic is the article addressing?
- Who is potentially affected by the issue/topic?
- In your opinion, was the article well written? Why or why not?
Below is a suggested essay format I think will work well to help you complete this assignment quickly. This is not meant to be in essay form, but instead as analysis notes and content to be used as a resource in your final paper. Please let me know if you need additional help and we will work through it.
PARAGRAPH 1 - INTRO
- Here is where you outline what you are going to talk about in your paper.
- Identify article name and author: Real World Example of Scope Creep, written by Tim Malone in Tech of all Trades, June 21, 2008
- Look to the first paragraph of the article for inspiration of your summary in this paragraph. You summary should mention how what may initially seem like a small detail can eventually turn into a large problem that can manifest itself into unexpected outlays of cash, rework, or missed deadlines. Not to mention unhappy project stakeholders.
-Go ahead and define what scope creep is here, as this is going to be the topic of your paper.
-Here is a link that I think gives a good definition of scope creep.
-First sentence should explain this argument
-Last sentence should lead to the next paragraph
-The argument in this case is how what seems like an unimportant detail can easily turn into a significant scope creep.
-Use this paragraph to briefly explain what happened during this project. This will help cover the question "What topic is the article addressing."
- Manager of IT, Tim Malone's ...
This solution discusses how scope creep negatively affects a project and the stakeholders of that project.