1. What are the characteristics of corporate strategy? What are the characteristics of business strategy? How do these differ? Provide an example of each strategy.
2. Identify the 5 Forces in Porter's Industry Analysis Model. Then discuss three important factors for each force
3. There are many goals corporations may have. Identify two goals and provide examples of each. Then discuss how the strategy of the corporation is different as they follow each of the two goals.
4. As companies develop international strategies they can take different structures. Your text and the slides for the course identify several structures. Please discuss in detail three of these and how they differ.
5. "The fact that so many companies that have been outstandingly successful in their home market have failed so miserably in their overseas expansion demonstrates the complexity of international management." Please comment on this statement using models and theories from the class in your discussion.
6. There are many reasons a firm may choose to diversify. Please identify two of these. Then comment - with examples - on why a firm would diversify
7. One of the most common tools used to analyze the portfolio of a diversified company is the Boston Consulting Group (BCG) matrix. Please identify the components of this model. Then - discuss in detail the pros and cons of this model?
8. The text and the lectures identify three generic strategies. Please discuss all three of these and the differences among them. Be sure to provide an example of each strategy.© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 24, 2018, 8:20 pm ad1c9bdddf
This in-depth solution over 3,000 words addresses the questions on international business competitiveness and explains the concepts of corporate strategy, Porter's industry analysis model, corporation goals, international strategies, international management, firm diversification, Boston Consulting Group matrix and generic strategies. Annotated diagrams and graphs are included for further understanding.
Example Management Questions
1. Agree or disagree with the following statement - the U.S. has a competitive disadvantage in competing in global markets. Explain and support your answer.
2. Which do you think are the next two "hot" international markets for U.S. investment? Justify your answer with economic data.
3. Compare and contrast Sony, LG, and Samsung as international conglomerates competing in similar markets - what are their international competitive strategies (surf the net and check out their web sites).
4. What external environmental factors seem to be driving the international marketplace?
5. What influence do you believe shareholders have over a company's board of directors?
5b.What is the reality of stockholders power impact on a firm's strategy/ strategic management?
6. What is an appropriate compensation package for a CEO? 3. What relationship do you see between a company's board of directors and the development of the business strategy?
7. Do you believe that a company's board of directors can change the ethical standards in a business? How can they do it?
8. Would you like to serve on a company's board of directors? What do you think that you could accomplish? What do you believe would be fair compensation to you for your contribution and personal liability?
9. How does agency theory relate when discussing CEO compensation and strategic behavior? How are they linked?View Full Posting Details