See the attachment.
Speak on Yahoo's latest CEO departure.
Who are the various stakeholders for Yahoo?
Why did Thompson have to leave Home Depot?
What has been the role of investors and of the board?
Please answer each in about 2 to 3 paragraphs.
Please provide references for further research.
CEO Scott Thompson was asked to leave Yahoo because his resume on the SEC listing showed two degrees, one in accounting and the other in computer science from Stonehill College. It was found that Thompson did not receive a computer science degree from the college. Questions were asked in the Yahoo board as to why the computer science degree appeared on his resume while he was running PayPal.
The inclusion of the non-existent degree was blamed on outside sources, such as the placement firm Hedrick & Struggles. Even though apologies were sent to the employees and the Board of Yahoo tried to defend Thompson, the pressures increased and the board was compelled to investigate how the false resume appeared.
The stakeholders for Yahoo are the Government (tax authorities and SEC), employees, customers, providers of services, creditors, the community, and shareholders. The shareholders ...
This solution explains Yahoo's latest CEO departure. The sources used are also included in the solution.
Develop, analyze and research a company assessment
See attached files.
CFO Project: Staples as a case study
- develop a comprehensive report to your CEO based on the topics learnt under Strategic Financial Managment
- analyze the company in this context and provide recommendations
- include research to make/support your strategy/policy recommendations
- Your report should include an assessment of your company's corporate governance "readiness" and provide suitable recommendations to ensure compliance with the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002 and new regulations published by the regulatory bodies.
- conduct an analysis of the firm's financial statements and policies as a risk management exercise for the benefit of the company CEO. Look for any "bodies" buried in the statements and associated notes, as well as the types of information disclosed to the public (e.g., pro forma earnings).
- Your goal here is to identify any areas where the firm is vulnerable to SEC action (fraud or otherwise) and report these to the CEO as a preemptive risk mitigation action
- assess the integrity and rigor of the firm's corporate governance structure (Board, Audit Committee, stock options policies, pension fund policy, etc.) to identify any weaknesses you can find and provide recommendations to strengthen governance policy.
- Calculations of different Business ratios are expected in your analysis
Check the link below for detailed" financials: Latest results" for Staples if the above attachments are not sufficient to do the report (when on the site, pick company range 101-200 , pick #108 which is Staples from the drop down under current view and click on Financials : Latest Results ). Alternatively, go to Yahoo finance.com and search for Staples Financial reports.
http://money.cnn.com/magazines/fortune/fortune500/2011/full_list/index.htmlView Full Posting Details