I would need help to answer the following discussion questions.
1. Where would the country, HongKong and China situate on the Hosftede's Individualism/collectivism and power distance dimensions? What do you agree/disagree with Hofstede's findings?
2. How do cross-cultural misperceptions and misinterpretations impede on effective communication in various situations. Please share personal experience(s).© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 24, 2018, 10:09 pm ad1c9bdddf
The Chinese rank lower than any other Asian country in the Individualism (IDV) ranking, at 20 compared to an average of 24. This may be attributed, in part, to the high level of emphasis on a Collectivist society by the Communist rule, as compared to one of Individualism.
China is significantly higher in Power Distance with a ranking of 80, as compared to the other Far East Asian countries' average of 60, and the world average of 55. This is indicative of a high level of inequality of power and wealth within the society.
Hong Kong has an Individualism (IDV) ranking of 25, second highest for Far East Asian countries, behind Japan's 46 ranking, and compared to an average of 24. This may be attributed, in part, the long term British (IDV of 89) rule of Hong Kong and the influence of European culture, which has an average Individualism rank of 61. Hong Kong's Individualism ranking indicates a high level of emphasis on a Collectivist society as compared to one of ...
Discussion questions on Hofstede's diagram
Doctoral Student and the Doctoral Community
In 150-300 words, please answer the following questions. Please cite the reference(s).
1. As a doctoral student, what is the responsibility to those around you?
2. What are the shared values of the doctoral community? How are these values related to leadership behavior?
3. What are the shared values of the doctoral community? How are these values relate to leadership behavior?View Full Posting Details