Using the data collected in Week 2, perform the following:
- Calculate the z-scores for each subject for two variables—hours worked per week and satisfaction with income.
- Compute the mean and the standard deviation for the population for the two variables.
- Starting with the z-score formula, show all the steps of the calculations for the z-scores for each variable.
- On the basis of your calculations, describe for each subject how you would interpret any potential relationships between the number of hours worked per week and the subject's satisfaction with his or her income.
- Starting with the formula and substituting values for each variable, provide all the steps of the calculations to arrive at a z-score of +1.4. Show all steps of the calculations to arrive at a z-score of −2.2.
This solution is comprised of a detailed explanation of the use of Z-Scores as per the situation and question provided. A logical answer is given for every situation for better clarity on using the Z-Scores.