An Introduction to Gage R & R - Simplified Gauge Verification
I understand the basic premise that Gage R&R helps determine the magnitude of the variation in a measurement system as well as the sources of this variation. I also see that while the sources of variation can be numerous, three of these sources are fundamental: part-to-part variation, repeatability and reproducibility. What I am struggling with are the Excel formulas that are required to chart the specific steps in the verification process. The directions below require Excel formula operations that I am not successful with. Please help me to understand the exact Excel process to chart the activities below.
Suppose in the manufacturing process, a part needs to be 2.5 inches. Due to the random errors, it cannot be 2.5 inches exactly. Here are readings from three inspectors in a verification test. Find the % of gauge error. How does the gauge verification improve the performance of a manufacturing process?
Data from three Inspectors
Master Part Diameter Reading =2.5 in.
....Max= 2.55 in.
....Min = 2.35 in.
Reading Diameter Dimension
Inspector A 1 2.51
Inspector B 1 2.50
Inspector C 1 2.52
Provide a report with your analysis. Answer questions with clarity and show the detailed steps for calculation. Use Excel for the calculations. Upload your Excel file into Additional Files.
This solution provides an examination of 3 inspectors inspection results. The expected value is 2.5, but the manufacturing process doesn't allow each item to be manufactured at 2.5. The upper control limit and lower control limit are used to compare the observed manufacturing parts.
Fortune 500 Research
Hello: I am looking for your guidance with the following:
. Fortune 500 Research Outline
pick a fortune 500 company and prepare a one-to-two page detailed outline. In your outline be sure to include information on the following topics:
1. What forecasting technique(s) does this company use?
2. How does your selected organization prepare budgets?
3. What MRP concepts do you see with regard to your organization?
Planning and controlling the supply chain
a. Utilize your outline,as a basis:
b. Prepare a 1,400-1,750-word paper in which you:
1) Differentiate at least two-to-three key elements for each of the four primary forecasting techniques and how they apply to your chosen organization.
2) Analyze the impact of production plans, master production schedules, rough cut capacity planning, workforce size, and carrying inventory as they relate to budgets for your chosen organization.
3) Depending on whether the organization you selected is a manufacturing or service organization, compare and contrast how MRP usage would be different for this organization and one of the opposite type of organization.
4) Compare and contrast the use of Material Requirements Planning (MRP) system concepts for your chosen organization.
Site all references used for the paper.
Thank you in advance.View Full Posting Details