Run the Creating and Managing Effective Teams simulation at least once to ensure that you are familiar with the various decision points in the simulation, and the effect that your choices have had on the outcome.
Write a 1400- to 1750-word essay that addresses the below questions. Be sure to include proper citations and APA style references for all sources. Conduct research in the University Library to find and include content that support your conclusions. (For example, you may state that your team was effective. Research what makes a team effective.)
1. Who did you select for your team in the simulation? Were your selections the best match for the available roles? Why did you make these choices?
2. What factors did you need to consider in order to manage your team effectively?
3. What opportunities did you have to manage conflict? To improve team efficacy?
4. What decisions did you make to direct individual performance? To direct team performance?
5. Overall, was your team effective? Why or why not?
6. Run the simulation again and describe in detail how you have improved your results, and what you learned that could make you a good manager.
7. Identify one component from each of the four contextual factors for team effectiveness, and describe how each component was important within the simulation. For example, adequate resources allowed the team to use Web conferencing to resolve a communication problem.© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 9, 2019, 8:27 pm ad1c9bdddf
The response addresses the queries posted in 1761 words with references.
//Before receiving the result from the simulation, there are various factors that should be considered. It is also necessary to understand the simulation. This simulation is based on the 'team management' in the organization, which is an important element for the success of the organization. But firstly, we will acquire knowledge about the simulation under the heading of introduction.\
Simulation is a system or method by which we can evaluate an option for various courses of action, which are based upon the facts and figure, real statistics and assumptions with the help of computerized based mathematical model and latest techniques in order to describe actual decision-making under the circumstances of indecision. For the complex situation of real life the building of a mathematical model is possible but solving the model may not be possible. Simulation is an appropriate substitute for mathematical evaluation of model in many situations. The use of simulation provides an insight into certain management problems where mathematical evaluation of the problem is not possible (Khandelwal, R.S., Gupta, B.S., Gupta, B.L., 2003).
//The creation and management of the effective team is an important task in the organization. It is also important for us to understand the factors that will be helpful in the effective team management. So now, we will throw light upon the process and factors for the effective team management.\
Creating and Managing Effective Team
It is not very easy and simple to define the meaning of team for a specific purpose. That is why people tend to define team and group differently. In order to satisfy the members, the organization develops teams. It is a difficult job for the manager to manage different people in a team for achieving same goals effectively. An organization divides its ultimate task into small tasks, which are assigned to various subunits (Prasad, 2002).
In order to create and manage the team effectively in the simulation process, I will choose a leader who leads the team in the right direction by motivating them on various parameters. At the workplace, creating and managing teams can indicate various outcomes. In order to get success to establish an effective team, the organization is dependent on the ability of the leader to understand the requirement of the organization and to influence the team members effectively. If the leader of the organization or team is not able to understand the gains, skills and knowledge of the team members, he will not motivate them effectively. A leader is an integral part of management and plays an important role in the managerial functions. In the process of leadership a person influences another to achieve some goals. It is one of the most important factors influencing organizational performance because it is a primary activity through which the goals of the organization are accomplished. (Mathew M.J., 2003) ...
1555 words, APA format