To improve the speed, accuracy, and reliability of their information system, SewWorld has the option to either purchase software off-the-shelf or to create it internally.
With that in mind, use the Cybrary to research and find system development tools or techniques that are available and popular today. Choose one tool or technique.
In your opinion, explain which direction SewWorld should take. How would SewWorld use Software Development Lifecycle principles and systems analysis tools to execute their software strategy?
"At its simplest, the decision to use standard commercial software versus developing custom software depends on the people in your business.
For an enterprise with on-going operations, there is a set way of doing things. It includes the use of software to automate portions of the work and keep appropriate records - spreadsheets, word processors, accounting systems and other databases. An important feature of organizations like this is a culture that communicates "how things are done" to new hires. If you have an organization that has shown capability and willingness to "do things differently than they have in the past," and there are commercial software packages that automate the relevant operations, then your business may well be a candidate for a standard product.
But more often than not, an organization isn't capable of too-much change in too short a period of time, particularly if the organization is already successful. In a case like this, there are valid reasons in culture and profitability that argue for creating software that mirrors successful business processes ." 
How would SewWorld use Software Development Lifecycle principles and systems analysis tools to execute their software strategy?
The successful development project is one that results in ...
Software system development tools or techniques that are available and popular today are explained.
Software Modification, RFP, Prototyping, Agile Systems
75 word minimum response required.
• Credible reference materials, including your course textbook(s), may be used to complete the assessment.
o If you have questions regarding the credibility of your reference, please contact your professor.
• APA Information
o In-text and reference citations are required for all written responses.
o For questions concerning APA formatting, please refer to the APA Guidelines
• Course Textbook
• Brown, C. V., DeHayes, D. W., Hoffer, J. A., Martin, E. W., & Perkins, W. C. (2012). Managing information technology
• (7th ed.). Upper Saddle River, NJ: Prentice Hall.
1. Why is making a lot of modifications to a packaged system sometimes a risky approach, and what are the alternatives?
2. Briefly describe the steps of a pure prototyping methodology as an alternative to an SDLC approach. Which disadvantages of an SDLC methodology are addressed by a prototyping approach?
3. What is an RFP, and what critical tasks does it facilitate in the purchasing process?
4. Describe the underlying principles of agile systems development methodologies.View Full Posting Details