What do you consider to be your own leadership style? Using examples, also discuss the various strategies and interventions that you have found successful in motivating and influencing people to accomplish certain goals.© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 25, 2018, 1:08 am ad1c9bdddf
Leadership style is the manner and approach of providing direction, implementing plans, and motivating people. (Nwlink, 2009) The style that individuals use will be based on a combination of their beliefs, values and preferences, as well as the organizational culture and norms which will encourage some styles and discourage others. There are a number of different approaches, or 'styles' to leadership and management that are based on different assumptions and theories:
* Charismatic Leadership
* Participative Leadership
* Situational Leadership
* Transactional Leadership
* Transformational Leadership
This solution discusses the different approached or 'styles' to leadership and discusses situational leadership and steps that a situational leader would tak in motivating a subordinate.
Leadership Styles and the Impact/Role of Followers
In studying leadership, one primary focus is the impact on and by followers. The three styles of leadership are participative, delegation, and empowerment. Each of these styles has a significant effect on followers.
1) Explain how each of these three styles impacts followers in an organization.
2) Provide a description of participative leadership, delegation, and empowerment.
3)Compare and contrast each of these styles by stating their advantages and disadvantages.
4) Identify the appropriate circumstances for using each style by providing one example for each.
5) Correlate the engagement of each style with the effect on the follower.
6) Ascertain the role that the follower plays for leader effectiveness when exposed to each of these three styles.
Thank you.View Full Posting Details