Does a manager's leadership style affect his or her communication style? If so, how? Is it possible to be an effective leader and a poor communicator? Why?© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 17, 2018, 10:23 am ad1c9bdddf
A manager's leadership style definitely affects his or her communication style. When a leadership style is chosen that is effective, charismatic, and goal-driven, the manager will communicate following the same basic principles. We wouldn't commonly see a leadership style with extremely opposite communication attributes. Likewise, if the manager ...
This solution explains if a manager's leadership style affects his or her communication style. I also discuss if it is possible to be an effective leader and a poor communicator simultaneously.
Culture, Communication, Leadership Styles, and Trust
Imagine you are a management consultant. You have been hired by BP Oil company to analyze their communications and leadership. You have been asked to submit a final report to the executive team with your findings including the following:
1. A description of the company's communication structure and identify ways that culture has influenced the structure.
2. A discussion of the barriers to communication that may arise when leading diverse teams. Identify specific methods for overcoming those barriers and develop a high performing team.
3. An analysis of the various leadership styles and different types of leaders.
4. An assessment of the level of trust in the organization and make recommendations for improvement.
5. Recommendations for motivating the workforce that are clearly based on motivational theory.