Present a marketing team from a U.S. technology firm.
Find an international partner that will joint venture with the U.S. company to develop a new product. The three firms should be from different countries, Japan, Pakistan and Australia. From a cross-cultural management perspective, evaluate the following.
1. What are the pros and cons of dealing with each of these possibilities?
2. What are likely to be the most significant cultural issues with each of these cultures?
3. How would you approach each of these firms? approach© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 24, 2018, 5:57 pm ad1c9bdddf
1. Japan: Pros- Japan is very technologically open, they are one of the forefronters of technology as a good number of technology we use is from Japan. They are not scared of technology and very willing to develop new technolgical advances. Cons- Because Japan is so open and willing to deal with technological advancements, it may be hard for especially an American Company to find a company in Japan to work with them since Japanese companies are more than willing to work on new advancements themselves and there are porbably many companies in Japan already doing the same thing which makes the market there very penetrated already and it may not have enough room for the American Company and their ideas. There is also a language barrier that needs to be taken into account with the Japanese. The Japanese are also workaholics even more so than Americans which may be a culture shock to the Americans and they just may not be able to keep up, causing the Japanese company to lose faith and drop the Americans from the venture.
Pakistan- Pros- This market is not very penetrated and is not really a mecca for technological advances. They may be very open to working with an American Company to make a technological advancement that can put Pakistan company's on the map as the ...
What challenges does a company face when developing new products in the global economy?
As a participant in the AIBC, you will have an opportunity to become a published writer at the end of the conference. AIU hosts a marketing publication, "The Marketing Scene," which provides a platform for professionals and consumers to discuss new ways of marketing, the effectiveness of advertising trends, specific ad campaigns and the impact this information has on our society." It provides a good starting point for this assignment. Some of the stories talk about the marketing of new products or the revitalization of existing ones.
Marketers must learn to do solid research in support of upcoming projects. The Unit 1 IP is a research paper and should address the following:
1. What challenges does a company face when developing new products in the global economy? Describe selected challenges using examples of at least 3 product/service launches. Resources MUST include articles from the library's full-text databases.
2. After having discussed the challenges of new product launches, how has technology assisted in the effort? Report on at least 3 situations in which technology supports the marketing effort. Resources MUST include articles from the library's full-text databases.
3. Legal and ethical implications loom large in today's business environment. Describe selected challenges using examples of at least 3 legal/ethical faux pas in marketing that hit the media. The Marketing Scene devotes a section to Controversy in Ads, which may give you some ideas for your research. Resources MUST include articles from the library's full-text databases.
The assignment requires the use of ARTICLES from the library's full-text databases. Articles are found in periodicals. These are not to be confused with eBooks or Reference Books. The most popular databases in marketing are: ABI Inform Global, Academic Search Premier, and Business Source Premier.
Your report MUST include a reference list. All research should be cited in the body of the paper. In-text citations and corresponding references should be included in your paper. For more information on APA, please visit the APA Lab. The paper should be written in third person; this means words like "I", "we", and "you" are not appropriate. The use of direct quotes is discouraged, but may be used sparingly in appropriate situations.
Your assignment should contain a cover page, an abstract page and a reference page in addition to the body. The body of the paper should be 5-6 pages in length - starting with a brief one paragraph introduction and ending with a short conclusion. The entire submission will be 8-9 pages in length.View Full Posting Details