I'm looking for help starting a research paper on Nike's international supply chain. Any help at all would be great!© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com March 21, 2019, 11:55 pm ad1c9bdddf
The content below has been written to get you started on your research related to supply chain of Nike. This has been written to help you with this particular problem and its use is limited as such. The content of the solution must not therefore be passed on as your own work for grading or commercial purposes. You can also use the listed resources to explore your topic further. Thank you for asking BrainMass.
Outline for your research on Nike International supply could be as below:
- Introduction: This part is quite important to provide a brief, quick and strong history of the research including the experiments with accurate citations. In this, the name of selected company and general introduction of company will be given.
- Main Body: The main body will consider all the subject matter that is discussed in the research paper. This section will provide a deep understanding about the research topic and title that considers an explanation of international supply chain of Nike. This part also includes some graphs and pictures to describe effectively and appropriately about the international supply chain of Nike. Its main body includes the following subheadings that are as follow:
1. Nike's international supply chain
2. Nike's Worldwide Supply Chain Project
3. Updated Code of Conduct of International Supply Chain
- Conclusion: This part will provide a short summary of overall discussion that is included in the main body part of research.
References and Citations: It will provide the authentic sources from where authors get an idea to research about the subject matter. These sources should be relevant and applicable to research topic.
Below content you can use as reference for your paper related to international supply chain of Nike:
Nike, Inc. is one of the largest publicly traded clothing, footwear, sportswear and equipment supplier company in the United States. It is the world's leading supplier of athletic shoes and apparel and a major manufacturer of sports equipment in the world economy (Nike 2012). A supply chain is a systematic system/process of the organizations, people, technology, activities, information and resources involved in moving a product or service from supplier to customer (Mentzer, 2001).
Nike's International supply chain
Nike sells its products in more than 120 countries worldwide & its innovative products lines include a wide variety of goods (cloths footwear, sportswear, socks, bags, watches, eye wear, golf equipments etc.). The company markets new products all four seasons of the year with over 15,000 different styles per season. Nike does business with 750 to 800 factories from around the world, many in Asia and some in the United States. This data & information clearly indicates that Nike has very complex supply chain (Nike 2012). It means Nike's global supply chain is a complex network that directly connects and impacts a wide range of people around the globe such as consumers, buyers, suppliers, workers and communities. For the effective & proper supply of products, Nike has recruited more than 800,000 workers in its contracted supply chain. Most of these workers are young women, many of whom are the first women in their family to work in the formal economy (Nike's Supply Chain, 2012).
For the purpose of monitoring the supply chain, the company also identifies several key issues related with conditions of the supply chain the company. As per the FY05/06 report, Nike sets targets relating to excessive overtime and freedom of ...
International supply chain research is examined for Nike's international supply chain.