Review the case study "Carnival Cruise Lines: Exploiting a Sea of Global Opportunity"Â? attached.
1. Describe the global forces that have contributed to the growth of the cruise-line industry.
2. Discuss the specific steps that Carnival Cruise Lines has taken to benefit from global social changes?
3. What additional steps might the company take to benefit from global social change in the future?
1. Global Forces Contributing to the growth of Cruise-line Industry
- Operating globally will lead to lower tax advantages by registering the company as separate legal entities in different countries.
- Operating globally will lead to less stringent employment rules by registering the company as separate legal entities in different countries.
- Favorable govt. policies worldwide by subsidization of ship building lead to less expensive ships available.
- Lower impact of recession on global cruise line industry as compared to other ...
The solution provides a guidance on the forces which are influencing growth of cruise line industry, the steps taken by Carnival Cruise Line to benefit from the global social changes and the suggestive steps to be taken to benefit from the global social changes in future.