Hi, I need assistance answering the following questions. I am not too sure how to formulate my responses. Any assistance would be appreciated.
1. What management, organization, and technology factors are responsible for the difficulties in building electronic medical record systems? Explain your answer.
2. What stages of system building will be the most difficult when creating electronic medical record systems? Explain your answer.
3. What is the business and social impact of not digitalizing medical records (to individual physicians, hospitals, insurers, patients)?
4. What are the business and social benefits of digitalizing medical record keeping?
5. Name two important information requirements for physicians, two for patients, and two for hospitals that should be addressed by electronic medical record systems.
6. Diagram the "as-is" and "to-be" processes for prescribing a medication for a patient before and after an EMR system is implemented.
Hello, this response should be useful for you to develop a better understanding with regard to the given topics. Kindly use this work for your reference only.
Management, Organization and Technology Factors
There are various types of factors that create difficulties in building electronic medical record systems such as management, organization and technology factors. Management factors include ineffective staff members, who are not able to maintain the records with electronic systems due to a lack of skills related to electronic systems. If, management does not take corrective actions to improve their skills and knowledge regarding electronic medical records, they cannot manage them in the effective way (Salvendy, 2012). For this, effective training programs can be used to increase the skills and knowledge of unskilled staff that must be provided by a well-trained employee.
At the same time, there are some organizational factors such as organizational policies on the healthcare industry. For example, some doctor/physicians do not use electronic medical systems that will create difficulties in building the electronic system. Most organization factors are organizational size and type of electronic system. Along with this, hardware and software are the technology factors that also create problems in building electronic medical system. In current technical environments, several types of virus hang the computer/electronic system that are not efficient in making appropriate record systems (Boonstra & Broekhuis, 2010). Technical factors are the complexity of the system like, lack of computer skills of physicians, lack of technical training and support, reliability, customizability, interconnectivity, standardization and computers & hardware.
Most Difficult Stages of System Building
There are six stages of system building that make an electronic medical record system. These stages are systems analysis, system design, programming, testing, conversation and production and maintenance. In this process, systems analysis, system design and conversation are the most difficult stages while creation of electronic medical record systems (Amatayakul & Lazarus, 2005). System analysis is the first stage that establishes the information required to make an electronic record system. The organization faces several problems in building an electronic record system. It is because the organization has to create model and blue print of the system. It must also consider the organizational and technological ...
The expert examines MIS medical technology factors. The stages of system building for the most difficult when creating electronic medical record systems are provided.
Meaning of Management Information Systems (MIS) and examples.
Define and give examples to illustrate the meaning of information systems management.View Full Posting Details