What are some techniques management could use to increase motivation or decrease the unwanted employee behaviors?
Please can you help me with this question with a few suggestions and brief decription of the techniques will work?
Let's take a closer look. I also attached an informative resource on employee motivational techniques to consider.
1. What are some techniques management could use to increase motivation or decrease the unwanted employee behaviors?
"Motivation is the art of getting people to do what you want them to do because they want to do it." --Dwight D. (http://humanresources.about.com/od/inspirationalquotations/a/quotes_motivate.htm)
Today's fast-moving business environment demands that the effective manager be well-equipped with many motivating techniques, such as the following ten proposed (techniques are verbatim).
1. Understand their behavior. People at work naturally tend to adopt instinctive modes of behaviour that are self-protective rather than open and collaborative. This explains why emotion is a strong force in the workplace and why management often reacts violently to criticisms and usually seeks to control rather than take risks. So, in order to eliminate this kind of perspective and to increase employee motivation, it is best that you influence behaviour rather than to change personalities. Insisting what you expect from your employees will only worsen the situation.
2. Be sure that people's lower-level needs are met. People have various kinds of needs. Examples of lower-level needs are salary, job security, and working conditions. In order to increase employee motivation, you have to meet these basic needs. Consequently, failures with basic needs nearly always explain dissatisfaction among staff. Satisfaction, on the other hand, springs from meeting higher-level needs, such as responsibility progress, and personal growth. When satisfaction is met, chances are employee motivation is at hand.
3. Encourage pride. People need to feel that their contribution is valued and unique. If you are a manager, seek to exploit this pride in others, and be proud of your own ability to handle staff with positive results. This, in turn, will encourage employee motivation among your people.
4. Listen carefully. In many areas of a manager's job, ...
Tactics to increase motivation or decrease the unwanted employee behaviors are presented.