For your Policy and Procedure Project, you are expected to develop, write, and present an innovative human resource policy that limits a company's liability and promotes its core mission and values. Consider the following:
A company you have studied during this course has hired you to recommend changes to its human resource policy. Because you have been tracking the company for a number of weeks, management expects that you know the relevant issues. Their goal is to implement change, bring the company to compliance, and begin the process of invoking the spirit of the law. You will create a policy and a monitoring procedure that is imminently critical to the success of the company's recovery. You must pay careful attention to complaint procedures and any other relevant self-monitoring procedures necessary to insure compliance. Central to your project is an effort to merge company and personal values within the construct of current legal requirements.
The Policy and Procedure Project is comprised of three components.
1. A written policy in formal documentation.
2. A monitoring procedure for the policy that not only responds to potential wrongdoing, but also anticipates it.
3. A proposal to management for a memo or a PowerPoint presentation that introduces the policy to all employees.
Examples from the readings and other work environments are expected. Examples from your own work environment will not be helpful for the final project.
To successfully complete this project, you will be expected to:
1. Analyze regulatory requirements that monitor and govern the relationship between employer and employee.
2. Analyze the changing demographics of the United States and how those changes impact the current conditions in a workplace.
3. Incorporate the effect of shifting ethical norms on the nature and implementation of human resource policy and procedure.
4. Incorporate a values statement that expresses the spirit and purpose of the law, its application within a company's mission, and the joint commitment of manager and company to fulfill the law's intended purpose.
5. Analyze current and potential liabilities and propose strategies for prevention and recovery.
Recommend a solution.
Include all key components.
Include a complete references list with proper citations.
Comply with APA guidelines.
TOPIC: SEXUAL HARASSMENT IN THE WORKPLACE
II. DEFINITION OF SEXUAL HARASSMENT
2. How do people sexually harass
This solution provides an explanation of recommended changes to a human resource policy that limits a company's liability and promotes its mission and values.