I need some information, help structuring and ideas to get started on the paper. Thank you.
You want to begin your research by looking at a number of multinational companies that have operations in China or who have plans to expand their operations there. Use the Library, phase resources, and Internet sources to research at least two companies from the following list and one other company of your own choosing and write an article on each.
At a minimum, each article should include:
- A general description of the company
- The major business groups into which the company is divided
- The principal products and/or services that the company produces or provides.
- Net sales and profit data for the past two years
- Number of personnel
- The largest markets where company products or services are sold
- Strategies that the companies have used to grow (e.g. cost reductions, productivity improvements, use of e-commerce, innovative products)
A good place to begin your research would be at the company's web site. Then, in addition to the course resources, you may find www.hoovers.com to be helpful; it is located in the Library.
* Procter & GambleTM www.pg.com
* MichelinTM www.michelin-us.com
* Kraft FoodsTM www.kraftfoods.com/kf
* ToshibaTM www.toshiba.com/tai-new
* NokiaTM www.nokia.com
* Wal-Mart www.walmart.com
* Exxon www.exxon.com/USA-English/gFM/home_Contact_Us/homepage.asp
* Ebay www.ebay.com
Following the guidelines and by exmaple, this solution provides research information, structuring and ideas concerning a paper on multinational companies.
CRITICAL ANALYSIS / LEADERSHIP ESSAY regarding leadership, ethics, and bribery in a multinational company.
Managerial decision making case: leadership, ethics and bribery
A large multinational company is launching a new product line in several countries. Your department, corporate marketing, has set up a series of training sessions for the company's sales teams in several major cities around the world and has shipped in advance, training materials to those locations. On the day before the training was scheduled to begin, the in-country manager at one of the largest locations called to inform you the training materials were being held up by Customs at the local airport pending an investigation of their intended use. She tells you the delay could possibly take several days unless a "permit fee" (or gratuity) is paid to the Customs officials to expedite the release of the materials. The in-country manager is recommending the company pay the fee or risk not having the materials in time for the training class. An unconfirmed rumor has surfaced that the in-country manager is related to one of the Customs officials.
As the newly promoted director of corporate marketing, you are eager to make a good impression, since the person you replaced was promoted to vice president of international operations. While the company has a policy forbidding the payment of bribes to foreign officials, it is also counting on the sales team, with the assistance of the marketing organization, to meet some very ambitious objectives for the new international product line. Meeting these objectives is critical if the company is going to achieve its annual revenue goals.
Please respond to the following questions.
1. What are the managerial and ethical issues presented in this scenario?
2. What options are available to you as the director of corporate marketing? State the pros and cons of each option you identify.
3. Based upon the options you identified above, describe, fully and succinctly, your course of action.
4. Also address what action(s) you would take so that all in-country managers would know how to respond should they encounter a similar situation at their location.
5. Identify the leadership style you would utilize to bring about a professional resolution to this situation.
6. With the understanding that leadership involves influencing others, give your personal definition of Leadership, and share some personal perspectives that have shaped your leadership style.
7. How can you use your prior leadership experience(s) to make a meaningful contribution to the MSOL program and to enhance the learning of others?