What Is Your Attitude Towards Productivity? Compare and contrast the factors of efficiency versus continuous improvement orientations for organizations and employees. Assume you are the owner of a new start-up company, how could the Internet and E-business help you develop your company?© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 25, 2018, 7:51 am ad1c9bdddf
Compare and contrast the factors of efficiency versus continuous improvement orientations for organizations and employees.
Productivity is achieving the desired outcome with maximum efficiency. An orientation toward continuous improvement implies that organizational processes, workflows and operations can always be improved and oftentimes process improvement results in increased efficiency. A positive attitude toward productivity suggests
that efficiency can be a characteristic of a stable company. This is true in that "practice makes perfect" - an employee who has honed his personal processes for maximum efficiency in a stable company only needs to maintain that level of efficiency to achieve success. A company that is in constant change may have high levels of employee rotation or processes that are in flux, thereby necessitating a re-working of those processes or of an ...
This solution compares and contrasts efficiency and continuous improvement for organizations and for employees. It also describes how the Internet and E-business could help develop a start-up company.
Academic Approach to E-Business
Please answer the following:
1. Based on your understanding of the importance of the internet, do you think that McDonalds should use the Internet in its selling process? Should Ford Motors? Disney? - And why? Can you provide some related examples?
2. What makes an online business a successful e-business? There are many factors. Mention four factors and explain why they are important - support your answer with examples.
3. What's "Operational Excellence"? Explain in your own words its meaning and relate the term/practice to the e-business environment or company.
4. What are some of the security challenges of the Internet? Mention two challenges, with your opinion of how a company can control each challenge so it can insure itself against each one.
5. Having an e-business is a big goal. There are usually three strategic objectives to accomplish an e-business: process improvements, strategic improvements, and business transformation. Expand in each of these three objectives and explain why it's important. You may want to provide examples to support your answer.View Full Posting Details