Explain how Wal-Mart integrates the concepts and operations management principles that you've been studying in this module and address the following questions :
1) Check the internet about the company you chose. Check the websites as well. How is e-commerce applied in the organization?
3) Relate to the former IBM chairman Louis Gerstner 's comment "all about cycle time, speed, globalization, enhanced productivity, reaching new customers, and sharing knowledge across institutions for competitive advantage." Can you relate what you have learned in this module to the function of e-commerce in the organization?
1. Answer questions with clarity.
2. Show depth and breadth in your paper to enhance the quality of your paper.
3. Try your best to search in our library to find some papers/articles to support your argument and show them in the reference list.
WAL-MART: E-COMMERCE AND GLOBALIZATION
For a company that started off as a "brick and mortar" kind of store, Wal-Mart has today become a leader amongst companies that have adopted the use of e-commerce in order to provide a competitive advantage for itself. With the onset of e-commerce, Wal-Mart has taken advantage of technology over the years to equip itself into a one-stop shopping experience for its customers. E-commerce has enabled the retailing giant to encompass various aspects of business within its premises; such as optical centers, tire and oil change shops, portrait studios, one-hour photo processing labs, as well as a variety of other forms of retail and outlet stores. Being an ever-changing store, Wal-Mart explores every possible opportunity to keep abreast with the trends and ahead of the times ...
The solution discusses e-commerce and globalization for Wal-Mart.