What must a company do to transform its strategy when it decides to transform into an e-Business?© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 24, 2018, 9:50 pm ad1c9bdddf
E-business is the conduct of business electronically. It incorporates not only buying and selling by electronic means, but also servicing customers, collaborating with business partners and collaborating internally with colleagues electronically.
Depending on business type and size, E-Business architecture may be composed of three enterprise process focus areas along with business unit / value chain process integration and enabling IT architecture and operations. The architecture may be viewed at three levels of detail, or process views:
Architecture in this level is to stay with strategic direction in order to influence or guide business behavior and to impact Customer & Supply Collaboration.
Customer Collaboration consists of customer-facing processes. Examples of areas are as follows:
3. Customer Relationship Management (CRM)
4. Fulfillment of Customer Contracts.
Supply Collaboration consists of supplier-facing processes in the following possible ...
This solution discusses enterprise-level, functional-level and operational-level change in a company's strategy when implementing a new plan to become an e-business in 596 words.
Define E-Business: Rules, Trends and Convergence of Data
1. In your own words, discuss the traditional definitions of value. Why do customers want companies they do business with to continuously improve?
Check Your Understanding
1. Define e-business and discuss why it is a big deal.
2. List and discuss the 10 rules of e-business.
3. List 15 of the 20 major trends affecting e-business. Explain what effectiveness, efficiency, and integration trends are.
4. Search the Internet for an e-business that participates in any one of the four major trends that are driving organizations to become e-business enterprises. (Most e-businesses offer self-service so find another trend.) Discuss how the business you've explored caters to the particular trend and provide the URL address to the site.
Issues to Consider
1. Discuss what is meant by value chain disaggregation and reaggregation. How are they the same for every business?
2. A major trend in the infrastructure for e-business is the convergence of various data and voice transport networks. Discuss this issue, addressing why it is occurring?