Why are drug tests a controversial component of the personnel selection process? What are some of ways in which organizations can avoid problems associated with drug testing?
How should a company assess readiness for learning? (Be sure to include characteristics of both the employee and the work environment.)
Discuss at least three different approaches to diversity training.© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 17, 2018, 10:11 am ad1c9bdddf
Human Resource Management
Q1: Why is drug testing a controversial component of the personnel selection process? What are some of ways in which organizations can avoid problems associated with drug testing?
One of the key reasons might be the fact that every state has their own policies and laws regarding drug testing. Some state laws might be stricter than others thereby giving rise to controversy.
Other reasons for controversy include:
- Inconsistency in the requirements for drug testing - not all companies require it.
- Inconsistency -the federal government does not REQUIRE companies to test, but they do have the RIGHT to test if they so choose. (United States Department of Labor, 2012)
- The potential effect of legally prescribed medication on drug test results
- Candidate privacy issues
- Disclosure issues - employers must disclose early in the selection process (usually at the time an application is filled out) that drug testing is a part of the selection process). Failure to do this could lead to legal problems for the company.
- Only requiring drug testing for some classifications of employees and not all employees regardless of the job
Q2: How should a company assess readiness for learning? (Be sure to include characteristics of both the ...
This solution addresses 3 separate components:
1) The controversial use of drug test in pre-employment screening and selection
2) Determining and employees' learning readiness
3) Approaches to diversity Training
This is a 3-in-1 response in which each topic is addressed separately.
Addiction and Resistance
I need help in identifying some forms of resistance that can impact the therapeutic alliance (when treating addiction) and the trust in a client-clinician relationship, and how might the type of setting in which you are providing treatment matter?View Full Posting Details