Why are drug tests a controversial component of the personnel selection process? What are some of ways in which organizations can avoid problems associated with drug testing?
How should a company assess readiness for learning? (Be sure to include characteristics of both the employee and the work environment.)
Discuss at least three different approaches to diversity training.© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 25, 2018, 7:15 am ad1c9bdddf
Human Resource Management
Q1: Why is drug testing a controversial component of the personnel selection process? What are some of ways in which organizations can avoid problems associated with drug testing?
One of the key reasons might be the fact that every state has their own policies and laws regarding drug testing. Some state laws might be stricter than others thereby giving rise to controversy.
Other reasons for controversy include:
- Inconsistency in the requirements for drug testing - not all companies require it.
- Inconsistency -the federal government does not REQUIRE companies to test, but they do have the RIGHT to test if they so choose. (United States Department of Labor, 2012)
- The potential effect of legally prescribed medication on drug test results
- Candidate privacy issues
- Disclosure issues - employers must disclose early in the selection process (usually at the time an application is filled out) that drug testing is a part of the selection process). Failure to do this could lead to legal problems for the company.
- Only requiring drug testing for some classifications of employees and not all employees regardless of the job
Q2: How should a company assess readiness for learning? (Be sure to include characteristics of both the ...
This solution addresses 3 separate components:
1) The controversial use of drug test in pre-employment screening and selection
2) Determining and employees' learning readiness
3) Approaches to diversity Training
This is a 3-in-1 response in which each topic is addressed separately.
Outcome Measure and review of a section of literature review
Question #1 Give examples on how your outcome measure could be utilized for other research projects?
Question #2 For this Utilization Review course we are conducting a needs assessment within our facility and writing a proposal to "fix" the issue found. My proposal is a training program within the Health and Longevity center to assist in specializing nurses in bioidentical hormone therapy. Our paper is a running paper and is done in sections. I am on section C, the literature review. The literature review is to back up my proposal (of course you know this already:). I have never done my own literature review so I do not even know if I am going about this the right way. I have attached Sections A & B just in case you want to read them prior to reviewing my literature review. Please take a look and and let me know how I am doing. I am only a third of the way done; however, I do not want to get completely done and my research is wrong!
SarahView Full Posting Details