Write about a particular organization, in depth, describing its corporate social responsibility (CSR) policies and practices (either the presence and/or absence of them). Support that organization's approach to CSR with research.© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 25, 2018, 8:20 am ad1c9bdddf
Samsung's corporate social responsibility (CSR), policies and practices
1. Samsung business profile
Samsung Electronics is part of one of the largest multi-billion dollar corporations in the world. In 2007 it exceeded the $100bn mark in annual sales for the first time in its history. This makes it one of the world's top three companies in the electronics industry where only two other companies, Siemens and Hewlett-Packard, have posted larger revenues. The name Samsung literally means 'three stars' or 'tristar' in Korean, reflecting the Samsung Group's dominance in two further sectors: Samsung Heavy Industries and Samsung Engineering and Construction. If you are talking innovation in Samsung walks the walk and is now the established leader in consumer electronics, providing a range of leading-edge premium products and, in their own words, 'leading the digital convergence revolution'. In so doing Samsung has made a remarkable transformation from copy-cat manufacturer to become Asia's most valuable ...
The solution looks at Samsung's corporate social responsibility (CSR) policies and practices. In reference to its CSR, "Samsung is where there is need, to inspire the future and expand the minds of young people". The electronics company further declared that "by helping them fulfill their dreams through technology, we at Samsung believe that little by little, we're contributing to making the future for the whole world richer".
Corporate Social Responsibility for Chain
• Review the mission and vision statements for Walden University and the School of Public Policy and Administration ("About the School") found in this week's Learning Resources.
• Reflect on your professional and academic goals as they relate to your program and specialization
• Think about how your academic and professional goals reflect a commitment to social change
• Consider how your attendance at academic residencies will aid you in achieving your personal and professional goals.
Explain your vision for positive social change in the context of your professional and academic goals. Then, explain how Walden University's mission and vision can help you achieve your goals. Also explain how academic residencies in particular can help you achieve your goals.
• Walden University. (2014). About the school. Retrieved from http://www.waldenu.edu/colleges-schools/school-of-public-policy-and-administration/about
• Walden University. (2014). Get to know Walden. Retrieved from http://www.waldenu.edu/about
• Walden University. (2014). Vision and mission statements. Retrieved from http://www.waldenu.edu/about/who-we-are/data/vision-mission-statements
This is only answering a discussion. It is not a very detailed paper.View Full Posting Details