Conflict is not negative; rather, how it is managed makes the experience and the outcome positive or negative. As a consultant working with an organization and helping them design a conflict management system explain how you will incorporate the three criteria for effective conflict management Rahim discusses. Describe how you will apply the conflict management process. Discuss how intrapersonal conflict can be reduced.© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 25, 2018, 8:19 am ad1c9bdddf
Managing conflict is important because it can lead to positive outcomes. Conflict removes stagnation. It leads to changes that are useful for the organization. Conflicts leads to new ideas and opens the minds of employees to new options. Conflict can help form relationship because mutual understanding and respect increase. For example, if there is a conflict between two work teams the relationships within each team gets strengthened. Conflicts are important because they encourage new thinking. Employees think of out of the box solutions. There are questions raised that otherwise would not have been raised. In practice it has been seen that conflict leads to a flood of initiative, a burst of creativity, and a thrust to increase productivity. The perceived differences during conflicts lead to these positive results.
The three criteria for conflict resolution suggested by Rahim ...
Rahim's model in the context of conflict resolution is discussed step-by-step in this solution. The response also has the sources used.
Understanding conflict management systems and the need to deal with conflict as it arises.
In the managing conflict in organizations, social conflict is informed by various disciplines, including philosophy, biological sciences, and sociology. The evolution of organizational conflict management from the classical view to the neo-classical view to the modern view. Understanding these theoretical perspectives helps us analyze conflicts within organizations so they are productive and healthy, rather than destructive and dysfunctional. Choose a non-profit organization and answer the following questions:
1. As you analyze the need for a conflict management system in this organization, apply the discipline (philosophy, biological sciences, or sociology) that best informs the organizational culture.
2. Which view of organizational conflict (classical, neo-classical, or modern) is most appropriate to analyze the organization's perspective of conflict?
3. Rahim, M. Afzalur. Managing conflict in organizations , describes the conflict management process (diagnose, intervention, process, and structural). Apply each step in this process to the non-profit organization you have chosen. Be specific and provide examples to support your response.
4. Explain the differences between interpersonal, intrapersonal, intergroup, and intragroup conflicts? How might supervisors diagnose these types of conflict among their subordinates? Discuss why being able to identify the type of conflict is important. What are the appropriate structural and process interventions for each type of conflict? Which type appears to be most destructive for that organization? Explain your answer and provide examples.
5. As a consultant/systems designer for this organization, explain how you will incorporate ethical considerations.View Full Posting Details