Discuss five of the ten major benefits of strategic management, as stated by Greenley. Which of these benefits do you see being beneficial in your future place of employment? Explain why© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 17, 2018, 12:43 pm ad1c9bdddf
Please find below my research to assist you in responding to your homework.
Thank you for patronizing BrainMass.
According to Vuzs.net, Greenley has stated 14 benefits of strategic management but the 10 major ones are as follows:
(1) it allows for identification, prioritization, and exploitation of opportunities.
Strategic management is more proactive than reactive. Companies initiate instead of just responding to activities. They identify possible opportunities that can benefit the organization, work on it and be the first in the industry. They don't just sit and react to situations, they identify to determine possible improvements.
(2) It provides an objective view of management problems.
Company and management problems are treated as they are; discussed and resolved objectively and as separate entity from the people around.
(3) It represents a framework for improved coordination and control of activities.
With strategic management, people get involved planning activities. They coordinate with each other and cooperate in every endeavour that they experience. They know what are expected of them so there is a ...
This solution of 593 words discusses the 10 major benefits of strategic management by Greenley with examples. References used are included.
This solution answers the questions related to the "Walmart Inc, Under Attack" case study. It also makes a brief analysis of IFAS, SFAS and EFAS of Walmart.
1. Identify and evaluate the marketing strategies that Wal-Mart pursued to maintain its growth and marketing leadership position. What factors should a firm consider in the development of its marketing strategy?
2. Discuss the importance of changes in the external environment to an organization like Wal-Mart.
3. What conclusion can be drawn from a review of Wal-Mart's financial performance? From this review, what can you conclude about the financial future of the firm?
4. Is it fair to condemn Wal-Mart as a predator destroying local business and failing to offer a living wage and benefits?