The purpose of this assignment is for you to step into a manager's role in the development of a business document. Please respond to the scenario below in the form of a PowerPoint. In your presentation, consider the steps Guffey and Loewy (2015).
Scenario: You are the manager of a team of six proposal-writing professionals. You are tasked with completing one 50 page formal proposal as well as a 1-2 page summary advocating funding for a new sports arena. Your supervisor, a member of the senior leadership team, wants to know how you plan to successfully accomplish the assignment. Prepare a PowerPoint Presentation to your supervisor that conveys the following information:
1. As manager, how will you organize the work to prepare a proposal?
2. What tasks will each professional be assigned and why?
3. What three or four communication tools will you propose be used to effectively articulate the proposal and why? (For example, formal paper-based, PowerPoint Presentation, blog, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, etc.)
Incorporate appropriate animations, transitions, and graphics as well as "speaker notes" for each slide. The speaker notes may be comprised of brief paragraphs or bulleted lists.
Support your presentation with at least three (3) scholarly resources. In addition to these specified resources, other appropriate scholarly resources may be included.
Length: 12-15 slides (with a separate reference slide)
Notes Length: 100-150 words for each slide
Bisel, R. S., Messersmith, A. S., & Kelley, K. M. (2012). Supervisor-subordinate communication: Hierarchical mum effect meets organizational learning.
This response provides guidelines on how to write a proposal to secure funding and what to include in proposal.
10 Corporate Finance Questions on Corporate Finance that discuss issues like Cost of Capital, Credit Policy, Working Capital Financing, Dividend payments, Capital Structure, Impact of write off of non performing assets
1. A company has a debt ratio greater than the industry average. How would an investor evaluate the implications of this higher debt ratio in making an investment decision in this company's common stock?
2. In your opinion, what are the major factors determining the kind of financing for working capital a company can secure?
3. A company has three capital budget projects for the upcoming fiscal year all of equal risk, and having equal NPV, Pay Back Period and IRR which is above the firm's current cost of capital. Only two can be funded from the current capital structure and funds available. The third project must be funded by raising more debt at a cost that will increase the overall cost of capital. Should the company raise the additional funds? YES NO Explain your answer.
4 In the last few years, many large corporations, such as General Motors, [and now Quest and Lucent] have written off large amounts of their non-performing (or poorly performing) assets as they have shrunk their operations [and recognized decreased value]. What is the impact of these asset impairment write-offs on the future return on assets, future return on common equity, and future financial leverage ratios? What impact would you expect these write-offs to have on the market value of the firm's equity securities? Why?
5. Your company wants to increase sales by extending credit to customers with less than a top credit rating. How would you evaluate this decision?
6. You are evaluating two capital investment proposals. One is a new product line that requires an investment of $500,000. The second is a cost saving new machine that requires an investment of $375,000. If you only had funds to do one or the other, explain how capital budgeting concepts would assist you in making the decision.
7. Why is Net Present Value (NPV) used for investment decisions?
8. You are a board member for a company considering cutting the quarterly dividend payment to shareholders. What are your concerns for the company and shareholders?
9. A company has a cost of capital greater than the industry average. What are several of the most significant reasons for this?
10. What are the major considerations for an established, and already public company, in its efforts to raise additional equity capital?View Full Posting Details