As a human resources manager, you realize that performance management must be considered even before a person becomes an employee of the organization. One of your goals is to reduce employee turnover through the revision of the personnel assessments used during the recruitment and hiring process.
The first opportunity to implement the new personnel assessments will be next month when you begin interviewing for three open positions in the training department.
address the following:
* Describe various types of personnel assessments.
* Explain which assessments you would use for the training position candidates and why these are the most appropriate.
* How would you monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of the use of each assessment?
* How will you evaluate this data in relation to the overall performance of the organization?
ASSESSMENTS FOR TRAINING POSITIONS
There are several types of assessments - from IQ, Physical, Psychological, Technical, Decision making, Conceptual, and others. As to what should be utilized is dependent on the functions expected of a person who will occupy a particular position. Hence, this report starts with the identification of the functions, then the determination of the appropriate assessment techniques and methods of evaluating performance at the later part.
Three (3) positions were studied in this report:
POSITION 1: TRAINING ADMINISTRATOR
1. Prepares training programs
2. Plans training activities
3. Makes Training related decisions: schedules, venues, budget
4. Supervises training specialists and monitors their performance
5. Prepares summative training reports
6. Coordinates with department heads to determine training needs in terms of knowledge, skills, and behaviour
7. Reports to the human resources manager
ASSESSMENTS FOR AN APPLICANT TO A TRAINING ADMINISTRATOR POSITION:
1. Decision making skills assessment. This is important because the person who will be hired is expected to prepare training programs and plan for the corresponding training activities. There are important decisions to make such as training schedules, ...
The solution discusses performance management and employee services.
Discuss the role of performance measures / Evaluate the issues.
Discuss the role of performance measures in helping organization members manage the value chain.
Evaluate the issues and problems created by revenue and cost interactions in evaluating the performance of an organization unit.
The usage of accounting reports and performance measures in key decisions about the firm's value chain also applies to major high level areas such as usage of the firm's core competencies, outsourcing production vs. in-house, decentralization vs. centralization, management style and performance measures, and downsizing staff vs. expansion. Value chain management leadership is now a role of the CEO in many organizations.
JMI's CEO wants you to implement performance measures for evaluating the performance of each aspect of the value chain. Based on all you know about JMI and its many products, divisions, and operations, what performance recommendations would you make for each aspect of the value chain? What accounting tools and reports would you use? Use the Library and internet to re-explore value chain management from this view.View Full Posting Details