Kindly assist with these 4 questions on follwership:
In order to have leadership, you must also have followership. There are, however, different views of what followership implies. Different forms of leadership require different characteristics in followers. Some leadership styles prefer that followers simply follow and do not desire any collaboration or input. Other leadership styles see followers as contributing team members and seek input from all individuals. As new models of leadership evolve that include collaboration or co-leadership, followership must also be examined.
1. Based on research, summarize the role of followership and its significance in the leadership process.
2. When followers have a participatory role, how does this impact goal setting and performance reviews?
3. Include any ethical issues in continuing to promote models of followership in your discussion.
4. How do globally dispersed work environments impact the roles of leaders and followers?
1. While much emphasis has been given to leadership in the literature, followership has been neglected or restricted. It is important to emphasize on followership because leadership and followership constitute each other. Leaders also follow at some point in time and great leaders attract great followers. They are closely entangled with each other. Hence we can say that leadership is a holonic part of followership and vice versa. Hence they form a dynamic relationship of mutual benefit and support. The organization needs both leaders and followers to fulfill the tasks and they both need each other.
The significance of followership in leadership is of extreme importance. Followership is a practice which is associated with leadership that demonstrates certain traits. For example, people tend to follow other people who inspire others to follow them through their behavior. They provide guidance on how to be ethical and moral. They bring out best in others and help them achieve their greatest potential. Great leaders have many followers whereas ineffective leaders have few or no followers. Such leaders have an instinct or judgment for right and wrong. Hence, leaders should always consider followership to perform better in their roles and ...
The followership leadership differences are provided. The participatory role of followers are given.