This is a multi-part assignment.
Part 1: Conduct resarch and write a 1 page paper. Instructions include:
• Online Job Search - Conduct an online job search and identify a position you might be interested in applying for.
• In your paper, discuss your online search and how you went about finding the position.
• Also, describe the job and how your background matches the requirements of the position. (Minimum length of 1 page).
[Notes: If you're in the military and have no plans of discharging in the near future, focus on a civilian job that you would like to transition into following your military career. If your circumstances do not allow you to work, consider volunteer activities within your community that you would like to be a part of.]
Part 2: Develop and write a 1-2 page resume.
• Write a 1-2 page resume, designed to compete for the position you researched and chose in Part 1 of this assignment.
• Your finished product (Research and Resume) should be a total of 2-3 pages in length.
NOTE: Choose a job or career of your choice>© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com September 21, 2018, 5:52 am ad1c9bdddf - https://brainmass.com/business/business-management/finding-a-new-job-578817
For part one, make a list of your current and previous positions in addition to the job responsibilities. This will give you an overview of your experience. When reviewing the list, identify job functions that you performed well. Write those functions on a separate list. Next, ask yourself a few questions such as why were you able to perform those duties well? Did you have the opportunity to lead a team or project? Were you able to use your math, technical, written or verbal communication skills at a level that allowed you to showcase your personality and competency at the highest level? On the other hand, if you were not able to ...
Searching for a new job involves identifying existing skills, assessing required skills, and appropriately matching experiences with a new job's qualification criteria. This solution provides ideas on how to identify skill sets, find a new position, and create a resume.