Details: Imagine you have a meeting with the CEO and other high ranking officers of a company that invests in distance learning start-ups. Your objective is to obtain a loan for a distance learning company that you would like to start. Fortunately, you have a mentor to whom you can turn for help.
Using a business-like tone and format, compose a 2-3 page letter (Word Document) that would be suitable to send as an email to this mentor. Address the following so that your mentor can be of assistance to you:
Analyze the audience (be creative and imagine who the CEO and other officers are). This means answering the questions: - What would be important to this type of audience?
- What would they be most interested in learning from you?
- State the objectives for your presentation.
- List topics that will be covered in the presentation
- Select a medium for your presentation to the CEO and explain why you chose it.
- Determine the image you wish to portray at this presentation and provide details on how you will project this image and what could help you do this.
- How do you want to come across to the CEO and high ranking officers? What image do you think will impress them, and how specifically can you project this image? (Hint: what kind of clothes, vocabulary, speaking style, and delivery tools will help you project this image.)
Dear Mr. Green,
Currently in educational circles, we need to develop motivated, skillful, lifelong learners. As knowledge in many fields increases exponentially, we cannot hope to fill up students as if they were passive or empty vessels. During formal schooling, aspiring professionals can only begin to take in the amount of information that they will need during their career life times. The knowledge base of certain fields may have appeared static for decades, but we can no longer accept that view. Therefore, we must teach students to become lifelong learners by helping them locate the resources to continue learning.
In this globalized world information technology has become increasingly important. If we can utilize information technology and do something unique with this then it works like an open trump card in current business. Our Soft-Learning TM company provides distance learning service that is a concept which will change the way of thinking and divert the mind.
Distance learning is a system that connects learners with distributed learning resources. While distance learning takes a variety of forms, all distance learning could be characterized by the following:
- Separation of place and time between instructor and learner, among learners, and/or between learners and learning resources.
- Interaction between the learner and the instructor, among learners, and/or between learners and learning resources conducted through one or more media.
Use of distance learning is beneficial in all fields. It provides advance information of the global world. Educational content appeared largely unplanned in the sense that educators are not directly involved. However, this is changing with distance education originating from universities and ...