Using a business-like tone and format, compose a letter that would be suitable to send as an email to this mentor. Address the following so that your mentor can be of assistance to you:
1. Analyze the audience (be creative and imagine who the CEO and other officers are). This means answering the questions: What would be important to this type of audience? What would they be most interested in learning from you? Who are they? What do they know and expect? What do they feel?
2. State the objectives for your presentation.
"As a result of my presentation the audience will..." and "identifying exactly what you want your audience to do, say or know as a result of your talk."
3. List topics that will be covered in the presentation
4. Select a medium for your presentation to the CEO and explain why you chose it. Mediums of communication are described in detail on pps. 17-19 of the Munter book.
5. Determine the image you wish to portray at this presentation and provide details on how you will project this image and what could help you do this. How do you want to come across to the CEO and high ranking officers? What image do you think will impress them, and how specifically can you project this image? (Hint: what kind of clothes, vocabulary, speaking style, and delivery tools will help you project this image.)
Referring to the scenario to obtain a loan for a distance education learning company, this solutions addresses the questions to assist in writing an email to a mentor asking for advise on a presentation to the CEO asking for the loan e.g. audience, objectives of the presentation, etc.