Please see attached file.
1. Assignment: Criterion Development Worksheet
I/O consultants are involved in many organizational activities, including the selection of employees, human resource planning, leadership development, performance appraisal, organizational design and diagnosis, and training evaluation. In many cases, I/O consultants design systems and tools to make measurements against criteria (standards) that indicate effectiveness on the part of individuals, groups, and organizations. Selecting the right criteria or standard to measure against is critical.
- Complete the Criterion Development Worksheet part of the attachments.
o Create a list of criteria or standards an I/O consultant might use that indicate effectiveness on the part of individuals, groups, and organizations. Include the activities for which the criteria would be suitable, along with the rationale for each criteria selected.
o Include one or two paragraphs summarizing the following:
- Theoretical issues of criterion development
- Implications of the theoretical issues for selecting the most appropriate criteria
2. Assignment: Job Analysis Worksheet
- Complete Part One of the Job Analysis Worksheet part of the attachments. For each job analysis method, include the following:
o Summary of the method
o How the method is used
o Pros and cons associated with the method
- Visit the following Occupational Information Network Web site: http://online.onetcenter.org/. Once on the Web site, click on Find Occupations and search for a job that interests you. The job you research must be one that you have not held and are not familiar with.
- Review the Web site's information about the position.
- Interview at least one person who currently holds this position, and if possible, one supervisor who currently supervises the position.
- Complete Part Two of the Job Analysis Worksheet.
- Include the following information:
o Job Title
o Job description
o List of 15 tasks suitable for a task inventory
o Knowledge, skills, and abilities (KSAs) required to complete tasks
o Indication of which KSAs are required to perform each task (using an "x")
o Summary of the process you used to analyze the job
o Summary of the difficulties you encountered and what you learned
o Two other job analysis methods you could have used and the pros and cons of each
This solution provides a criterion development worksheet and a job analysis worksheet.