1. Briefly summarize the arguments for and against the commercialization of transplants that you found in your research.
2. Formulate your position on the debate of whether or not the sale of organs should be permitted.
3. Defend your moral judgment with a moral argument. Identify the moral principle that you are appealing to in your moral argument.
4. Determine which normative theory best supports your conclusion.
5. Use at least two (2) quality references. (Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not qualify as academic resources.)© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 10, 2019, 6:52 am ad1c9bdddf
One of the key aspects of the argument for the commercialization of transplants is the fact that the commercialization of the sales and transport of organs, and the resulting transplants will make this process much more efficient and effective. The commercialization of this process will make it possible for business organizations to actively advertise the organs that are available for transplant, as well as the transplant services that are available as a means by which to gain financial benefit from the sale of organs for transplant. In addition to gaining financial benefits from this process, this activity makes organs available to more individuals in a more expeditious manner; so that individuals can actually purchase the organs that they need without having to wait for very long periods of time for organs to become available. The reduction in the waiting time for organs and the resulting transplant procedures can save lives in and of itself. The commercialization of this process will also make it possible for there to be an exponential increase in the number and types of organs that would be available for transplant, due to the fact that many more individuals will seek to obtain the financial benefits from donating an organ etc. This is especially important for individuals in Third World countries etc., that are facing terrible financial hardships that include starvation and other detrimental situations, and may view donating an organ as a means by which to gain some form of financial relief from their circumstances. In addition, the commercialization of the sales of organs for transplant would create new businesses that specialize in this area, which will create more jobs around the world.
One of the key aspects of the argument against the commercialization of transplants is the fact that the commercialization of organ transplants will create a ...