I am conducting a case study on Wal-Mart and need assistance in the following pertaining to Wal-Mart's structure and performance.
1. I need assistance in describing the facets of Wal-Mart's structure, and differentiate it from other types of organizational structures.
2. I need assistance in describing and analyzing the fit between Wal-Mart's strategy and its structure and leadership.
3. I need assistance in assessing the role of leadership in determining Wal-Mart's structure.
4. I need assistance in drawing conclusions and making recommendations regarding Wal-Mart's structure based on your analysis.© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com March 4, 2021, 9:49 pm ad1c9bdddf
See the attached file.
Running Head: WAL-MART
Wal-Mart's Structure & Performance
Wal-Mart is the largest retail company all over the world. It was founded by Sam Walton in the year in 1962 in Arkansas. In United States, Wal-Mart assures more or less 20 percent of the retail grocery and consumables business. Wal-Mart is also one of the biggest public corporations on the basis of revenue according to a business survey of Fortune Global 500, 2008. Currently, Wal-Mart is operating more than 7,800 departmental stores throughout the world and it is serving more than 200 million customers every year with the help of its 2.2 million associates. Wal-Mart stands on the first position in Fortune Magazine's 2009 'Most Admired Companies' survey (About Us: Wal-Mart, n.d.).
Solution 1 - Facets of Wal-Mart Structure
In Wal-Mart there exist a number of facets of organizational structure that can be confronted by its different aspects. The governing body in Wal-Mart's is its Annual Shareholders Meeting and its executive body is its Board of Directors that is accountable for formulating different strategies and policies for the company. For supporting Board of Directors, there exist following committees:
• Audit Committee
• Governance Committee
• Executive Committee
• Stock Option Committee
• Strategic Planning and Finance Committee
In addition to these committees for managing organizational goals and objectives company had made efforts in the direction of separating the function of Chairman of the Board and Chief Executive Officer (CEO). With this kind of division of functions and different committees the ...
The expert descirbes the facets of Wal-Mart's structure and differentiates it from other types of organizational structures.