See attached file.
Read Case A-5,(attached) on the Hanover-Bates Chemical Corporation, you are assisting Jim Sprague in his new role.
Respond to these questions using APA format.
1. Evaluate the performance of the northeast district in comparison with the other Hanover-Bates sales districts.
2. What are the weak spots in the northeast district's performance?
3. What should management do to improve areas of poor performance in the northeast district?
4. What should Jim Sprague do to improve management of his sales reps?
1. Evaluate the performance of the NE district in comparison with the other Hanover-Bates sales districts.
Response: In comparison to other districts, the NE district did worse than District 2 and District 4 in terms of sales. All three districts had the same number of salesman, therefore, this was no excuse. Further, District 7 had one less salesman, and only underperformed District 3 by $200. Also, District 3 had the highest selling expenses than any other district, except District 1, which has more salesman. Compared to North Central, the North East district had a smaller gross profit.
2. What are the weak spots in the NE district's performance?
Response: The selling expenses are a large weak spot in the NE district's performance. Their sales are larger than any district with the same number of salesman. In fact, their selling expenses are larger than any district except District 1 which has more salesman. Furthermore, in terms of gross profits, compared to ...
This solution assists a student in evaluating district performance of a company.