?Summarize the laws and regulations that affect labor relations.
?Describe how management and unions negotiate contracts.
Summarize the practice of contract administration.
*Summarize the laws and regulations that affect labor relations.
The key laws and regulations that have the most impact on labor relations are:
The National Labor Relations Act (NLRA) of 1935 -
Established by Congress, this law encourages employee's rights and the right to collectively bargain and curtails private sector employer practices that could harm the general welfare of the employee, businesses, or the economy (www.nrlb.gov).
The Taft-Hartley Act of 1947 -
This law was enacted as an amendment to the NLRA act of 1935. The purpose of the Taft-Hartley act was to restrict the overreach of Unions through tough regulations and laws that prohibited many actions that negatively affected businesses ability to operate. The Taft-Hartley Act prohibited jurisdictional strikes, wildcat strikes, solidarity or political strikes, secondary boycotts, secondary and mass picketing, closed shops, and monetary donations by unions to federal political campaigns (Hunt, 2010).
The Landrum-Griffin Act of ...
The solution discusses law, regulations and labor.
Employment Regulation and Labor Law
Why does the United States have so many laws, acts, and policies designed to prevent and/or remedy discrimination in the workplace? How effective do you think these regulations have been? Is further legislation needed? Are there any laws or policies you believe are no longer relevant or needed in today's workplace?
address the following:
* Provide a brief explanation of the economic theory of statistical discrimination as it relates to the workplace.
* Compare and contrast statistical discrimination with the theory of unconscious bias.
* In your opinion, do these theories support the need for anti-discrimination laws and policies? Explain your reasoning.
* Are there any current laws and policies relating to workplace protection that you think are no longer needed? Explain your reasoning.
* Is additional legislation or enforcement needed in the area of anti-discrimination in the workplace? Explain your reasoning.
You may find these following Web resources useful in your research:
White Men Can't Help It
The Achievement Gap
http://www.forbes.com/2007/02/25/economics-discrimination-education-lead_achieve07_cz_th_0301discrimination.html.View Full Posting Details