Identify the three basic types of intellectual property protected by federal law. Compare and contrast the protections provided. Provide a specific example of how each can be used by a corporation in its business operations. In your opinion, does the current federal law provide too much protection? Why? Why not?© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 25, 2018, 9:16 am ad1c9bdddf
The three types of intellectual property are :
Copyright is a form of protection provided by the laws of the United States (title 17, U. S. Code) to the authors of "original works of authorship," including literary, dramatic, musical, artistic, and certain other intellectual works.
This protection is available to both published and unpublished works. Section 106 of the 1976 Copyright Act generally gives the owner of copyright the exclusive right to do and to authorize others to do the following:
- reproduce the work in copies or phonerecords
- prepare derivative works based upon the work
- distribute copies or phone records of the work to the public by sale or other transfer of ownership, or by rental, lease, or lending
- perform the work publicly, in the case of literary, musical, dramatic, and choreographic works, pantomimes, and motion pictures and other audiovisual works
- display the work publicly, in the case of literary, musical, dramatic, and choreographic works, pantomimes, and pictorial, graphic, or sculptural works, including the individual images of a motion picture or other
- perform the work publicly by means of a digital audio transmission..
The article looks at copyrights, patents and trademarks in USA and the benefits that they offer to companies
Being an Entrepreneur
Part A: What is intellectual property? Why is it called "intellectual" property? Why is intellectual property such an important issue for entrepreneurial firms?
Part B: Identify and briefly describe the three types of patents.
Part C: What is a trademark? Why are trademarks important?
Part D: What is a copyright? What is protected by a copyright?View Full Posting Details