Name three qualities you believe are important in a leader. Elaborate on each of those qualities. Do you think a leader today has to be more aware of their ethical behaviors than leaders in the past?© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com July 16, 2018, 8:28 am ad1c9bdddf
One approach to help you with an essay assignment like this one is to address each question from various perspectives, which you can draw on for your final response. This is the approach this response takes. I also attached two APA resources that you can refer to for your final copy.
1. Name three qualities you believe are important in a leader. Elaborate on each of those qualities.
As proposed by the Santa Clara University and the Tom Peters Group, the following qualities are important in leadership:
- Honest - Display sincerity, integrity, and candor in all your actions. Deceptive behavior will not inspire trust.
- Competent - Base your actions on reason and moral principles. Do not make decisions based on childlike emotional desires or feelings.
- Forward-looking - Set goals and have a vision of the future. The vision must be owned throughout the organization. Effective leaders envision what they want and how to get it. They habitually pick priorities stemming from their basic values.
- Inspiring - Display confidence in all that you do. By showing endurance in mental, physical, and spiritual stamina, you will inspire others to reach for new heights. Take charge when necessary.
- Intelligent - Read, study, and seek challenging assignments.
- Fair-minded - Show fair treatment to all people. Prejudice is the enemy of justice. Display empathy by being sensitive to the feelings, values, interests, and well-being of others.
- Broad-minded - ...
This solution discusses important qualities in a leader.