Compare and contrast virtual teams and face-to-face teams by considering at least three advantages and three disadvantages of each. Discuss examples of each type of team from references and your personal experience.
Report should contain a short introduction and conclusion in addition to the body of the paper.
All research should be cited in the body of the paper.
Please note that if you have a source in your reference section, you need to cite it in the body of the paper and vice-versa, per APA guidelines.
Include a reference list.
Also would like something not presently in Solution Library if possible.
Running Head: VIRTUAL TEAM AND FACE-TO-FACE TEAM
Comparison and Contrast of Virtual and Face-to-Face Teams
Team is a group of people with complementary skills; those are committed to a common purpose, performance goals. Virtual team is a group of people, those works across time, space, organizational boundaries and linked with web communication to achieve organizational tasks (Gibson & Cohen, 2003). The members of virtual team are physically separated and interact through electronic equipments. Face-To-Face team is the group of people those works in an organization on same place in same environment and communicate directly to each other. There will be a discussion of advantages and disadvantages of virtual as well as face-to-face teams.
Comparison and Contrast
Advantage and disadvantage of virtual team and face-to-face team are described as following:
Advantages of virtual team:
• Save money: One of the major advantages of virtual team is that it saves business money. Organization cut travel, relocation and other business cost through virtual team (Gibson & Cohen, 2003).
• Flexibility: Members of the team can work from anywhere at any time. There is flexibility in this type of team work.
• Adopt changes easily: Another advantage of this team is that it works in different location and has diverse membership; it helps to adopt changes fast across the enterprises (Duarte & Snyder, 2006).
• Improve Productivity & profitability: Virtual team improve productivity of an organization, this is advantage of this team. Along with enhanced productivity, profitability of organizations is also supported by virtual team.
Disadvantages of virtual team:
• Limited communication channel: Limited communication channel in virtual team is major disadvantage of this team. This creates communication gap and reduces communication efficiency. Due to this, success and effectiveness of team become more sensitive.
• Extra efforts: Extra efforts required to ...
The expert compares and contrasts virtual teams and face-to-face teams.