Case Study: Starbucks' Structure
a. Create a job description and job specification for a Starbucks employee.
b. What form of departmentalization should Starbucks use? Should the form be changed in stores offering food products and lunch? Why or why not?
c. When the company begins to experience financial problems, should the leadership try to centralize power and decision-making or decentralize the operation?
d. What form of organizational configuration best fits Starbucks?© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 25, 2018, 7:15 am ad1c9bdddf
a. Job description and job specifications for a Starbucks employee
Starbucks announces job opportunities for its Boston location in a different key area and is looking for professionals ready to excel in their fields of interest. The vacancies are as follows. The interested candidate can contact the career unit for further communication.
Post: Marketing Manager
A marketing manager is required to manage the overall marketing department. The interested candidates for the post should contact in the career unit. The job description goes as follows. The job of a marketing manager is to develop and maintain marketing strategies for the company, so that agreed company objectives are met. He has to manage a team of eight to twelve people. The marketing manager is responsible for:
- Developing market potential by evaluating customer research, market conditions, competitor data and implementing marketing plan requirements, as per the needs.
- Overlooking all staff and activities involved in marketing, advertising and sales promotion.
- Marketing company products to the right market in both B2B and B2C areas.
- Delivering all the activities within the agreed budget (Donaldson, 2001).
The candidate should possess a 10 year work experience of progressively responsible ...
The structures of Starbucks are examined. The form of departmentalization which should Starbucks use is determined.
Market Structure for Starbucks
1) Using Starbucks as the organization, please help identify the market structure of the organization. Evaluate the effectiveness of this structure for the organization.
2) Using Starbucks as the organization, please summarize the factors that affect labor supply and demand.View Full Posting Details